If you’re looking for a non-invasive and highly effective way to improve pelvic floor strength and reduce symptoms of urinary incontinence, Emsella treatment may be the life-changing solution you’ve been searching for.
Dr. Vanderloos is Shreveport’s leading Med Spa and Gynecologist clinic, and are excited to offer this revolutionary treatment to patients. Keep reading to learn more about the many benefits of Emsella treatment and how it can improve your quality of life.
What is Urinary Incontinence?
Loss of bladder control weakens your ability to control your urge to urinate. This condition causes involuntary urine leakage. Doctors categorize urinary incontinence into five main classes:
- Overflow incontinence
- Urge incontinence
- Mixed incontinence
- Stress incontinence
- Neurogenic incontinence
Urinary incontinence mainly affects older adults and women who have recently given birth. It is also common in obese or overweight individuals. The Urology Care Foundation reports that about a quarter of U.S. residents suffer from urinary incontinence.
What Causes Incontinence?
Weak pelvic floor muscles are the leading cause of bladder control loss. When weakened, they can no longer resist the urge to relieve the bladder, leading to involuntary urination. Other leading causes of bladder control loss include:
- Urinary tract infections. Urinary tract infections like overactive bladder syndrome inflame and irritate the bladder. As a result, you experience a sudden urge to urinate. The infection sometimes weakens the bladder muscles, causing urine to leak.
- Neurological disorders. Some health conditions, such as spinal cord injuries, disrupt the communication between your central nervous system and bladder. The miscommunication, in turn, can lead to involuntary urination.
- Prostate problems. An enlarged prostate exerts pressure on the urethra, making urination difficult. Difficulty urinating can, in turn, cause urine to back up in the bladder over time. The bladder muscles weaken, leading to incontinence.
- Menopause. As estrogen levels drop, the tissues of the urinary tract weaken. The pelvic floor also loses muscle tone, reducing your ability to control urine flow.
What is Emsella Treatment? How Emsella Works
Emsella treatment is a non-invasive therapy that uses high-intensity electromagnetic waves to stimulate pelvic floor muscles, reducing symptoms of urinary incontinence and improving sexual health.
The therapy works by inducing supramaximal contractions in the pelvic floor muscles, which strengthens and tones the area. During treatment, patients sit fully clothed on the Emsella chair, which delivers electromagnetic waves to the pelvic area. This pain-free therapy is a game-changer for those who suffer from urinary incontinence or want to improve their pelvic floor strength.
Who Can Benefit From Emsella?
Emsella treatment is suitable for those who can no longer control their bladder. The reason for loss of bladder control could be disease, old age, childbirth, or excessive body weight. Suitable candidates for this condition include, in particular:
- Mothers who have given birth
- Women going through menopause
- Overweight or obese individuals
- People who get leaks when they laugh or sneeze
Why Choose Emsella? 5 Benefits of Emsella Treatment
Emsella chair treatment does not require surgical incisions or penetrations. Instead, the pelvic floor muscle is stimulated with electromagnetic technology. You sit on an Emsella chair, which causes rapid contraction and relaxation of the pelvic floor muscles. Other benefits of Emsella include:
1. It is Painless: Emsella treatment is painless. Therefore, it is ideal for those who are afraid of painful or uncomfortable procedures. After Emsella treatment, you can resume your daily activities. You no longer lose time recovering from invasive procedures.
2. Improved Quality of Life: Emsella improves your treatment in one significant way. It strengthens your pelvic floor muscles, preventing bladder accidents. This means you no longer have to deal with the embarrassment of bladder accidents. After successful treatment, you will live a more fulfilling life.
3. Short Treatment Times: A typical Emsella treatment session lasts about 30 minutes, and you’ll start seeing results in just a few weeks. This allows patients to fit treatment into their busy schedules.
4. It Has Other Benefits: Emsella can strengthen your lower back muscles to end back pain. In addition, Emsella strengthens pelvic floor muscles to improve sexual function.
5. You Take Treatment Sessions While Clothed: A unique aspect of the Emsella treatment is that you take the sessions fully clothed. This can make the therapy more private and comfortable.
Schedule Emsella Treatment in Shreveport, LA, Today!
Emsella treatment offers a wide range of benefits to those suffering from urinary incontinence and pelvic floor weakness. As a non-invasive and pain-free therapy, it’s an excellent option for patients looking to regain control of their lives.
If you’re interested in learning more about Emsella treatment or scheduling an Emsella treatment, contact Dr. Vanderloos in Shreveport, LA, today.
Image Credit: ANN PATCHANAN / Shutterstock