Biote Pellet Therapy
See what people are saying
As women age, they experience a variety of changes. One major one is a decrease in hormones. Estrogen and prolactin are the ones with the most significant decreases, but other hormones that decrease include growth hormone, aldosterone, calcitonin, and renin. The effects of lower levels of hormones vary widely, and it can be uncomfortable and discouraging.
Fortunately, one of the ways to combat menopause is by using hormone replacement therapy. The best way to help balance hormones is to use bioidentical hormones. These are hormones that are produced similarly to ones naturally found in the human body, and using them usually results in greater symptom relief. There are numerous options when it comes to bioidentical hormones, and one is Biote Pellet Therapy.
INFORMATION ABOUT BIOTE PELLET THERAPY
Not only does this type of hormone replacement therapy closely mimic the body’s natural hormones, but Biote Pellet Therapy is also custom compounded. This means that they are individually mixed based on the client’s specific situation and needs.
The application of the hormone-containing pellets occurs right in the office of Dr. Vanderloos. This outpatient procedure consists of the pellets being inserted under the skin of the upper buttock. The pellets will slowly absorb into the body, allowing hormones to be dispersed when needed, based on your activity level and metabolism. The process is quick and simple.
One of the benefits of Biote Pellet Therapy is that the pellets are customized for each client. This is beneficial because each woman’s symptoms are distinctive based on their individual hormone levels, and tailoring the therapy results in better hormone optimization.
Another benefit is how easy and convenient getting the pellets is. With hormone replacement pills or shots, women need to remember to take them every day in order for them to have the greatest effect. With pellet therapy, you do not have to think about it. The pellets only need to be inserted every two to three months, depending on the client, and this slow-release method also helps prevent roller-coaster effects.
CANDIDATES FOR BIOTE PELLET THERAPY
You may be wondering if hormone replacement therapy is right for you, and you may wonder whether pellet therapy is the way to go. By balancing hormones, especially using bioidentical ones, many menopause-related symptoms are lessened or even eliminated. Some of the reasons to seek out a consultation regarding potential hormone therapy include:
- Difficulty sleeping: One of the common complaints from women suffering from changing hormone levels is that sleep is challenging. In fact, 25 to 50% of females report some type of sleep disturbance while going through menopause. One of the major issues is night sweats, which cause havoc on sleep patterns. Trouble sleeping during menopause may also be due to insomnia or sleep-disordered breathing, such as snoring and sleep apnea.
- Sexual issues: Another major thing that is affected by low hormones is sex. There is usually a decreased sex drive, vaginal dryness, decreased sensitivity to touch, and pain during intercourse.
- Energy changes: Diminished hormone levels negatively impact metabolism rates and energy levels. Common symptoms women report include low energy and immense fatigue.
- Temperature sensitivities: Women going through menopause or who have lowered hormone levels due to another reason are often extremely sensitive to temperature changes, especially heat. Hot flashes can occur randomly, and higher temperatures can cause excessive sweating, a flushed, red face, and the chills following the flashes. Other common triggers of hot flashes are alcohol, smoking, caffeine, stress, spicy foods, and wearing tight clothing.
- Clarity issues: Hormone changes can result in numerous brain changes. Common complaints include foggy thinking, lack of motivation, difficulty concentrating, and memory loss.
- Mood changes: There is a direct link between emotional changes and lowered hormones. Women may experience large mood swings from high to low, irritability, anxiety, tension, and aggressiveness. For some people, there are extreme changes, such as depression.
- Health issues: When hormones are decreased, imbalanced, or both, this can affect general health because healthy functioning depends on hormones. Decreased bone density is common, which increases the chances of broken bones, especially hips. Some women struggle with abnormal heart conditions, fibromyalgia, urinary incontinence, facial hair growth, weight gain, pelvic organ prolapse, liver disease, autoimmune disorders, and dry eyes.
Some of the symptoms associated with lowered and imbalanced hormones are merely annoying, but some are more serious and can have long-lasting consequences. People who suffer from one or a variety of the previous symptoms may be candidates for bioidentical hormones. Replacing important hormones provides not only symptom relief, but it may also improve health.
THE EFFECTIVENESS OF BIOTE PELLET THERAPY
Since each woman’s symptoms and hormone levels are different, the time that it takes for the pellets to work varies greatly. For some clients, symptom relief may begin as early as a couple of weeks after insertion, while for others, it may take up to six months to notice full hormone optimization.
GET STARTED OPTIMIZING YOUR HORMONE LEVELS TODAY!
With bioidentical hormones, there is no reason to continue suffering from diminished hormone levels. Biote Pellet Therapy is customized for each client and does not require daily administration. If you would like a consultation to see if replacement therapy is right for you, contact Dr. Catherine Vanderloos and set up an appointment. You can also reach us by phone at (318) 865-4333.